Thursday, August 24, 2006

It Is About Time!

warning: I will be talking about poop. i'm a mom who has been trying to potty train her son. it is gross, but that is my topic...

Yay! Night finally pooped in the toilet! It has only been f o r e v e r since we started this potty training thing, and he just kept avoiding pooping. He's been peeing exclusively in the toilet (standing up so as not to fall into the abyss) for almost a week now, but we just couldn't get over the poop hurdle until today, and he made it worth it!
We had told him that he could have a green Bionicle if/when (it HAD to happen sometime, right?) he pooped in the toilet. Then today, he was asking me for a Superman computer that he saw at Target (his FAVORITE place in the world). I told him that it was too expensive to buy right now. He whined, and I did what I always do when he wants something over my $10 budget. I told him to ask Grandma for it. He cried even more (Grandma just visited, so he knew it'd be awhile!). I said, "Okay, I'll make a deal. You poop in the toilet and we'll get it." At this point, I was thinking it was $20.
So, he pooped. Off we went to Target to get the Bionicle and computer. It turns out the computer is $50. Why do they make toys marketed towards 3 year olds SO EXPENSIVE? Think of what $50 can buy. Why would a 3 year old need to spend that much money?! So, he said we could wait a little while to get the computer, but we did get the Bionicle.
Poor guy wanted to go home right away to play with it, but we did other errands first. Then, we played with the Bioncle. It is pretty cool actually...
He has pooped 2 times since then. His first poop was about 7 hours ago... He'd been holding it in for about 4 days now, so I guess the $50 is a better pay off than the hospital visit we were going to have to have...

No comments: