Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sleeping Update

I am really enjoying this biphasic sleeping; I feel so much more rested, which is really my reasoning for trying it. I have noticed that it takes longer for me to get up (be ready to function) from my first nap than my second. I also noticed that when I wake up from my first nap, I am STARVING. It doesn't matter if I eat before I lay down (for just 90 minutes), but when I get up, I want lots of food. I'm not the same way after my second (3hours or 4 1/2hours, depending on the day/my mood) nap. I can go for hours without eating. I am usually more productive after my second nap.
I think I might tweak it a little and go to bed the first time a little earlier. I picked 10pm because it gives me the most time with the kids before they go to bed. Keira is usually down around 8:30-9:00pm, but Night doesn't go to bed until around 11:00pm. He and Josh tuck me in for my nap. It is really cute!
Due to the fact that it takes me so long to wake up at 11:30, I don't have a very long time between my first nap and my second one at 1:00, so if I move my nap to around 9:00 or even 9:30, maybe I will feel better when I get up. We'll see. The major problem with that is I have to work Monday night until around 9:00, so the day after my experiment begins, I'll be changing it! Maybe I'll wait until Tuesday!

No comments: