Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm Gonna Try It

Okay, here's my plan: I'm going to try biphasic sleep tonight. (I'll try it for more than one night, of course! I just mean that I'm starting tonight.) I'm trying to figure out how to feel more rested, so I'm hoping this will work. I've read quite a bit about breaking up your sleep like this, but it didn't seem practical. With biphasic sleep, you sleep twice, which is more realistic. It is based on 90 minute sleep cycles. I am going to try going to bed around 10pm-11:30pm then again around 3am-6am. This will give me some more time to myself, (when I say more time, I really mean some time to myself) but I won't feel like I'm pulling away from my family since I usually go to bed around 10ish anyway. Don't let me fool you-last night I tried getting the boys to tuck me in at 8:30...
My hypothesis is that I'm going to be fine getting to bed tonight at 10. I'll bitch about getting up at 11:30, but hopefully I'll do it; then I won't have a problem going to bed at 3; once again, I'll bitch (to myself, of course) about getting up. I always bitch about getting up, so I don't know why this would be any different! I think the real test will be whether or not I can make it to 10pm tomorrow night... I'll let you know how it goes.




tag: biphasic-sleeping

No comments: