Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Letters

Night has recently become very interested in letters. It is so amazing to see his mind digest new things. He learned how to spell his name (Connor-his first name) about a month ago, and ever since then, he asks most people he meets what the letters are in their name. He types Connor on the computer, oh about 20 times a day.

I've been singing the alphabet song to him for a long time, but starting last week, I've song it almost every day. Yesterday, he repeated phrases after me (me: abcd, him: abcd, me: efg; him: efg etc). Today, when I got home, this is what was presented to me:




The first time, he sang, "Now I know my letters, next time won't you sing with me!"

I asked him about the bow at the end. He didn't know what a bow was. I asked him who taught him to do his "move" at the end, and he said he was self-taught.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son sings the ABC song too. but he usually starts singing other songs before he finishes the abc song. And when he does sing to the end, he messes up pretty bad. But he's getting better.

Lisa said...

That is SO VERY PRECIOUS. Awwww.

What a darling little man!