Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm Watching Sex and the City

Josh got me the whole series DVD set about a year ago because it was on sale and I had mentioned that it would be nice to have. And he is just a really nice boy.

I don't know if I had mentioned this to him or not, but I had never actually seen an episode of the show. Now, I've started watching the series a few times, and I'm trying so hard to get into it more. Here is what I see wrong with the DVD-each episode is a chapter, meaning I can't fast forward any of it with the remote-it just goes to the end of the episode. I don't like that because I have kids and get distracted, or since I'm usually watching it in bed, I fall asleep. Also, the opening credits play for EVERY FREAKIN EPISODE, meaning I have to hear that song every 22.2 minutes, seeing Carrie get splashed by the bus every time. I can't fast forward it with one click, of course, because that would take me to the END of the episode.

Speaking of falling asleep (my final rant), I hate that the menu scene has Carrie talking about the episode...over and over and over again. It becomes really annoying when I'm trying to sleep to it.

I am determined to enjoy the show, though, because so many of my friends love it. It has to get better, right? I'm part way through season 2 and I am already enjoying it more. I guess I just needed to give Carrie a chance to find her groove. I have a feeling after a few more episodes, I'm finally going to be hooked.

I'll let you know!

6 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Thanks for stoppin in today - however you found me!!

Sex and the city was very hit and miss with me. sometimes I enjoyed it. Sometimes not so much.

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

thtat's it...I'm hooked. Just read a whole bunch of your blog. I will be back!!!

Unknown said...

That is so nice! Thank you.

Anna said...

Well, if you don't start enjoying it, I know someone in London with a 30th coming up who would LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

Anna, you can HAVE Sex and the City, but you have to pay for shipping, via a plane ticket...

Anonymous said...

I used to love the show 10 years ago. WHen I catch it today I can't believe I thought it was so good back then. Maybe it was because I used to live in NYC and saw Carrie live every now and then?

AD