Tuesday, July 01, 2008

5 Ingredients or Less



Shannon is sponsoring a themed Works for Me Wednesday this week-5 ingredients or less.

I have a yummy, healthy pancake recipe-full of protein and low in fat. They are made of ingredients that you wouldn't expect to be good together, but they are DELICIOUS. We eat them every week. Actually, we eat them pretty much everyday. I mix up the batter and store it in the fridge.

I LOVE this recipe!

12 egg whites
2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups oatmeal (dry cooking oats-regular kind, not instant)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp (or a little more!) of cinnamon

(I also recommend some splenda-but I don't want to go over the 5 limit. Consider it part of the recipe, though, really.)
This makes a double batch, so you might want to half everything when you make it the first time. You'll probably double it every time after that-if you eat them as much as we do!)

Just pop all the ingredients in the blender until they are batter consistency. I spray the pan (or griddle) and cook on medium. You can eat them plain with butter and syrup (we use "spray butter" and sugar free syrup) or add some blueberries or strawberries when they are on the griddle. You can also put sugar-free jelly on them. Yummy!

Check out other simple recipes at ROCKS IN MY DRYER!

4 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Looks like it would be really moist with the cottage cheese.

My entry is up too. :-)

Heart of Wisdom said...

Yummy. I love cottage cheese. I bet it gives them a really good flavor.

robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

Miriam said...

Next time I buy cottage cheese, I'm going to try some of these puppies. I love stuff you can keep in the fridge ready to go.

Thanks!

Niki Jolene said...

im on a high-protein diet so these sound great, thanks!

:)