Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Mattress Sale Day

This morning, Night was in the living room watching TV, and I was (of course) playing on-line poker in the den. Excitedly, Night came running into the den this morning. "Mom! It is 4th of July!"

"I know! Happy Fourth of July!"

"But, it is like a double Fourth of July!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Serta is having a mattress sale FOR THE FOURTH OF JULY! Isn't that exciting?"

"Um, yep. Honey, you don't even need a mattress." (He sleeps on the couch because we only have 2 bedrooms, and he wakes up his sister if he sleeps in his room, so we took away the bed.)

"I KNOW! But, I could get one if I wanted-it is on SALE. TODAY!"

"You are right. Super exciting."




I didn't see the commercial, but whoever wrote it must've done a great job-marketing to kids. That's an angle I would've never came up with on my own. Maybe that's why I'm not in advertising...

No comments: