Sunday, November 16, 2008

Slowing Down

The purpose of my blog originated as a place to SLOW DOWN and reflect. I felt like my life was passing by so quickly. I wanted to take the time to record what was happening so that I could relish this time in my life.

I haven't been taking the time to slow down lately! I'm going to try to write at least 5 times this week. There is my goal; it might be boring, but it is my story!

So, this morning, I went to work at the restaurant.

It was a busy day, so the pay was good, and the time went quickly enough. I really enjoy my job as a waitress.

Then I went to Kroger and bought groceries. We used to make oatmeal pancakes 2-3 times a week, and we haven't had them in over 2 months. Night has been requesting them, so I got all the ingredients.

Then, I came home. Josh took a nap, I wrote lesson plans. Keira played on the computer, Night played on the Nintendo 64. We really strive for family togetherness on the weekends...

Josh woke up and started making the pancakes with the kids. I just finished my last lesson for the week (8th graders are learning negative exponents--tough) and sat down to play de Blob with Night while Josh finished up the pancakes. Then the blender broke. I ZOOMED to Target and bought a new one. I literally had 5 minutes to make my choice. I hate that! I walked out the door at 1 minute to closing. There were about 6 other customers after me, I didn't feel too guilty. I normally feel guilty for those kinds of things.

Then I came home. Josh finished making the pancakes. I'm waiting for mine.

That's my day.

I'm off to brush Keira's teeth (and probably get yelled at for something)!

No comments: