Monday, February 16, 2009

Meme

SuperRelish tagged me for a meme a while ago, and I'm finally taking the time to fill it out!

The rules of the meme are

1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules
3. Share seven random or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag 7 random people at the end of the post with their links
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog


*Now that you know the rules, I'll tell ya'll that I'm breaking them--I'm not tagging anyone, but I'd love for someone to do the meme anyway!

1. When I was growing up, I used to love to climb trees. Because of this, me dad calls me MONKEY. He has always called me Monkey. I can remember the horrified feeling the first week of college when my dad called my dorm room and asked for MONKEY.
2. I don't like chocolate flavored things like ice cream and cake, but I love real chocolate like candy bars. I really like brownies, though.
3. We have four dogs and a cat-all of them are named after "famous" people or characters. Charlie is our fat black lab who never leaves the den (except to go outside). He is named after Charlie from LOST. Dash is our puppy. He is some kind of mutt. He is named after the author Dashiell Hammet (Maltese Falcon, Thin Man). Scully is our border collie/german shepherd/chow mix. She is named after Scully on The X Files. Skyla is an rhodesian ridgeback/lab. We actually didn't name her. Our cat Orson is a fluffy black guy. He is named after Orsen Wells. He had a sister Wanda, named after The Fairly Odd Parents, but she ran away. Our kids are named after people too. Night is named after the director M. Night Shyamalan. Keira is named after Keira Knightly.
4. If my kids touch me while I'm sitting down, I get sleepy.
5. I have no rhythm. I can't clap on beat. Ever.
6. I love to take photos. I have 6 lomography cameras, and we just bought a new Nikon DX. I have a huge tub of photo frames waiting to be filled and hung. I had to stop buying frames because I wasn't using them fast enough-but now we have ink in our printer again, so watch out!
7. Not a day goes by when I don't think/dream about coming back to Australia to visit. I'd LOVE to bring my family there to live. I think they'd love it.

No comments: