Saturday, June 27, 2009

Losing Halloween

Nearly all of my friends are pregnant or have just had a baby. I think this latest round of babies rivals the baby boom of the '40s. Seriously, I'm not sure why so many people are having babies at the same time (well, I know why they are having babies, but it just seems freakishly weird that so many pregnancies/births are happening at the same time!).

Ever since Keira has decided never to sleep come into our lives, Josh and I have known that our family is complete. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our children, but we are looking forward to the freedom that comes with not having to change diapers and wipe butts. Although we've decided not to have any more babies, I wish I were pregnant just so I could say, "I've got Tivo." (I know Laura would get it.) Also, Keira says that she doesn't like babies, so that might be awkward if we get one.

Anyway, as we were driving home from spending a fun afternoon at the pool with the kiddos, I started to get sad-reminiscent of how much fun we've had with the kids since they've been born. It was then that I realized that we are probably half-way past getting to go trick-or-treating with the kids. Night is 6. He will probably stop going before he is twelve! We might be able to hold out and get Keira to keep going, but I doubt it.

People always say to embrace when the kids are young because they will never be the same, yada yada yada. I think it is sinking in. I miss my babies! I hope they are still cute when they are adolescence.

Although we've decided not to have any more babies, I wish I were pregnant just so I could say, "I've got Tivo." (I know Laura would get it.)

No comments: