Friday, August 25, 2006

In The News

I learn so much at work...
We have been really slow today, so I've been reading The Tennessean, our local newspaper. There is an article about inmates who are suing the government because they won't pay for them to have a sex change. I can't find the article on-line, otherwise I would put a link to it. I'm not trying to spark a debate about whether or not someone should have a sex-change. To each his own; however, I do not think that someone in jail should have the government (read: tax payers) should have to pay for the sex change. When you go to jail, do you keep your own health insurance (assuming that you had health insurance)? If so, then I think it would be fine to have your own insurance pay for the sex change. Since I doubt you pay to keep your health insurance when you go into jail, I really don't think that this should be an issue. It is not okay to kill someone just so you can be incarcerated just so you can get a sex change. Who knows-that could be a motive for some...Of course, it is costing the government a lot of money for lawyer fees etc to pay for these prisoners who are suing, so maybe it would be better to just pay for it...

In other news, I also learned that Luke Benward, who is the star of the new worms movie, is from lil ol Franklin, Tennessee. He is having a meet and greet tonight at one of the movie theaters. Quite a few famous people live here in Franklin, but I can't think of anyone. I will tell you one thing, though. It is a good thing they aren't in the nearby town of Spring Hill. They don't take too well to outsiders...

No comments: