Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another Sleeping Update

Well, last time I wrote I said I was going to try taking my nap earlier... I haven't been doing so well at getting up from my nap. The first night, I had set the alarm wrong and it didn't go off. Josh came in to wake me up. I vaguely remember him telling me something about the alarm then asking if I was ready to get up. Nope. So, I slept all night. I had told him to set the alarm for 4 1/2 hours later and it'd be like I got up for my nap but didn't. I reset that alarm about 10 times, just like I did before I started my biphasic sleeping. I was fairly tired all day-not horrible, though. I really missed having that time, though!
Then last night, I was just really tired. I got up from my nap, for oh, about 15 minutes. Then Josh was just getting into bed when my alarm went off to get up, and I couldn't resist the cuddling, so I reset it and hit snooze a bunch, just like in the old days. I did, however, get up by 6:30, which gave me enough time to do pilates. Before biphasic sleeping, 6:30 was an excellent wake up time. Today, though, it didn't feel good. I missed so much of that free time; and I feel a little tired.
Tonight I'm going to go to bed by 9:30 and get up an hour and a half later. I WILL NOT let myself just go back to sleep. I need to do something active shortly after waking up; otherwise, I am too groggy to do anything. I heard myself telling this to myself last night on my way back to the bed, maybe it'll work tonight... I AM going to sleep for either 3 or 4 1/2 hours and then get up for the day.
I like what biphasic sleeping does for me, I just have problems convincing myself at the point of waking up; after that I'm fine. In fact, I'm usually better than fine. I just have to remember that when I wake up!

No comments: