Saturday, October 14, 2006

Thursday night, I had the most difficult time waking up from my nap. I just didn't want to do it! It took at least half an hour for me to fully wake up and function. Then, I didn't want to go to sleep! I decided to try cutting back and getting 1 1/2 hours sleep at my nap then 3 rather than 4 1/2 for the second sleep. It turned out that I got less than 3 really because I went to bed after 3, but I still wanted to get up at 6:00. I was fine all day, until around 6:00pm. I was DEAD TIRED then. I wanted to sleep, but we were out shopping until around 10. I fell into bed as soon as possible last night (10ish?)
I didn't have too much trouble getting up from my nap last night, but I didn't do anything after I woke up. I ended up going back to sleep about an hour after I woke up. I planned on getting 4 1/2 hours sleep, but Keira was pretty fussy, so I didn't really have the quality sleep that I've been having. I feel very groggy, and I've been awake for nearly an hour; usually by this time I'm wide awake and don't feel tired again until night time. I haven't done anything physical yet today, which may make a difference. The past few days after waking up, I try to do something physical (cleaning, walking dog, just moving around rather than sitting) which seems to make a difference. Even though I knew that I should get up and do something when I woke up from my nap last night, I couldn't bring myself to do anything!
I'm hoping that once I get up and moving, today will be as good as the rest of my biphasic sleeping days have been! I'll let you know.

No comments: