Friday, November 17, 2006

Live from Austin

We are having a great time! Traveling was fun. It feels so good to be out and about. I didn't drive a bit. Josh gets a bit...mean when I drive. He's not a good "backseat driver" at all.
During the drive, this is what I learned from car games:
*There aren't very many Q's in our language-Josh beat me at the alphabet game (looking for letters on billboards) because of our lack of Q's.
*We are dumb Americans. We are missing 3 states. I'm dumber than Josh. He came up with more than I did.

After arriving in Austin, this is what I've learned:
*Nashville is a small city. Austin is a big city.
*The interstate here scares me, and it is impossible to spot something from the interstate then actually find it by getting off the interstate. They have signs that say "U-Turns Only" other than the normal "No U-Turns" signs that we are used to.

I miss my children terribly. I keep thinking about how they would enjoy this or that here.

We have some site seeing to do, so I'll write more later!

2 comments:

Kathy T. said...

We could usually find the Q in Dairy Queen or Quickie store (whatever). Glad you made it. And if it's any consolation, my husband doesn't let me drive when he's in the car. Car wreck long time ago blah blah blah...

Anna said...

Tino always drives, he's a terrible navigator (left/right issues)

Can't wait to hear more about the trip and see some photo's of the bridesmaid!!!