Sunday, November 05, 2006

Paranoid, Perhaps with Reason

As I was driving to work (restaurant) this morning, I passed a police car. Well, I passed quite a few police cars. Every other car in Franklin is a police car. I'm not complaining at all-I like that there are a lot of cops around. Anyway, as I passed the police officer, I tried to look "not guilty." I don't know why I tried to look not guilty; I wasn't speeding or doing anything wrong. Then, less than half a mile later, I pulled into the Kroger parking lot (to buy clearance Halloween candy for the other servers). I pulled into the wrong way of the entrance. It was one of those entrances that have concrete up, so if someone were coming out, I would've run right into them. Luckily, it was seven o'clock in the morning, so there wasn't any traffic. Then what do I do after making that ILLEGAL move? I pull into a handicap parking spot to run into the store. I did see that it was handicapped before I got out of the car, but it just made me think that maybe I should be careful around the authorities. I made those two attempts at getting put in the slammer all within 3 minutes of seeing the cops. Wonder what else I do during the day when I'm not paying attention...

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm the same when I go through customs at airports, I never have anything illegal in my bags, but I still feel guilty!