Thursday, December 28, 2006

I'm Not Done Yet (this is part 3)

The next day he was just as random and just as surly. One of the patients was complaining to him that his medicare insurance doesn't pay very much. While this patient is in the back, his girlfriend (they are both in their late 70's. very cute) was in the front, and we were talking. Really, she was talking to me, but she talks a lot. Dr. was not working on a procedure that needed my help, so I wasn't hurting anything by talking with the girlfriend.

After the patient left, he mumbled something about the guy's insurance not paying up. He then asked me if the man had paid us. I told him yet-his portion had been paid and that we were still waiting on the insurance (which I had only filed a week before--it usually takes a month for payment). He then went on a rant about how I need to take care of the money situation. THEN he said that I wasn't working the business aspect properly. What was I doing socializing with the patient? I haven't even gotten the money! I shouldn't talk to them-they haven't paid. He then proceeded to tell me that they wouldn't ever pay-he didn't know if he was wasting his time with me or not. He also referred to a file that he said I put on his desk and "wrote off" to be sent to collections...

First of all, not two months ago, he was singing my praises because people enjoy coming to the office because I have a comforting personality and people feel relaxed around me. At that time, being social was good. I wasn't being social for me-she is an old lady that I have nothing in common with that talks and talks and talks and talks. I would've much rather been on-line or even helping in the back...
Secondly, why wouldn't the insurance company pay? What is he on? In fact, the insurance check came in yesterday, for the full amount...
And the file I put on his desk? It was put back there because they want a doctor's narrative-I've sent one in twice and have been rejected twice, which is why I put it on his desk, with a note asking for a narrative. THAT IS NOT WRITING IT OFF AT ALL.

The next day was the last day before Christmas. He was fine, until I went in his office 5 minutes to close to give him his paperwork. He went off on me then too-telling me AGAIN that I wasn't doing a good job with collecting money and that I was just giving him more work to do.
********


Yesterday was my first day back, and I didn't really talk to him nor vice versa for the morning. In the afternoon, he was a little bit nicer-kind of acting like nothing has happened.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm keeping myself from writing my letter of resignation. I feel like having it written out then just signing it in front of him one of these days when he is acting so psychotic. Other than this weird time, though, he has been a wonderful boss. It is a good, stable job, and I really shouldn't quit. I really want to, though...

I'm holding out, though, so wish me luck!

No comments: