Monday, January 08, 2007

Biggest Fear

Although currently my biggest fear is that a bat will be anywhere near me, when I was younger, I had a very strange fear.
When sleeping, I would find it most comfortable to put my arms behind my head, exposing my armpits to the world. Once in this comfortable position, I would start to panic: what if someone broke into the house and cut out my armpits?! (hey-it could happen)
So then I would spend the next 10 minutes trying to find a different, less dangerous, position in which to sleep. I am over my fear now, but I don't find that way of sleeping comfortable anymore, probably because I trained myself to sleep in different positions. My children do, however, sleep in that position, and EVERY TIME I see a pair of tiny armpits exposed, the thought runs through my mind, "Put your arms down, quick!"

1 comment:

Anna said...

That story made me laugh!