Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Even at 4 Years Old...

He mocks me. Today after work, I was settling in for my nap. I took a long time getting home this afternoon**, so I didn't have much time for sleeping before Josh left for school.

As I'm lying in bed, eyes glued shut, Night walks into the room. I tell him that I'm tired and want to sleep so he should leave the room. He says, "Yeah. Okay." Hee Hee. Needless to say, I didn't get my nap. We all knew I wouldn't get to rest; Night just wasn't afraid to admit it!!

It all worked out, though because we went for another walk and had a great time!

**Today, being the first day of Spring, Dunkin Donuts celebrated by giving away free iced coffees. Since I love love love coffee (notice there are no commas-too much caffeine in me to stop for commas!) and I love love love getting free stuff, I just had to go. We have a Dunkin Donuts that opened fairly recently here in Franklin, so I really had no excuse...other than the fact that I got lost.

I went to the grocery store to pick up diet coke. I won't buy it unless it is $2.50/12 pack or less, unless we are out. We can't ever be out of diet coke (or diet pepsi-I have no loyalties), so when I see a sale, I have to stock up. Today, we were out (shock, horror) but I saw a sale (phew!), so you know I didn't make it home without stopping. Anyway, I thought that Dunkin Donuts was only a few blocks away from the grocery store that I went to for the diet coke. In all actuality, it IS only a few blocks away, but it is in an area where there is a lot of new growth, and they are just now getting to building all the streets! It took me 20 minutes to get to Dunkin Donuts. I don't know this for sure, but looking back, I think I could've walked through the field behind the grocery store and gotten there faster!!

The iced coffees at Dunkin Donuts are not made with flavored syrups; they are made with flavored COFFEE, meaning there is no added fat, sugar, or calories if you get a flavored one. Isn't that so exciting (it is the little things...)?!

So, if you have a Dunkin Donuts near you, and you are reading this before they close, go get yourself some free iced coffee. I suggest raspberry. I got hazelnut for myself, and I ended up having to add sweetener to it, but I got the raspberry for Josh and it was yummy!

No comments: