Thursday, November 08, 2007

Little Black Babies

My husband and and I are both from RURAL midwestern (read: mostly white) towns. I did not have much exposure to African Americans until moving here to Nashville. One thing that I've always wanted, though, was to have little black babies. Seeing little black girls with braids made my heart melt every time.

When I started dating Josh, I told him that I would never marry him. When he asked why, I simply told him that I wanted black babies, and since he was whiter than a ghost, he just wouldn't be able to fulfill my need. He matter of factly to me that he was indeed black and that he couldn't believe that I doubted him.

Years later, when I was pregnant with Night, I told Josh how excited I was to FINALLY have a little black baby. For some reason, Josh became upset at me and told me that I'd better NOT have a black baby. It made no sense.

I hear that black babies are born white then the pigment darkens. Well, Night (and Keira, for that matter) still haven't grown into their black-ness. I wish it would hurry up, though, because Keira's hair needs braided!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wierd as can be lady very wierd
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bitch shut the fuck up dump hoe little black baby girl please get a life you a motherfucking freak