Thursday, January 10, 2008

Speaking of Found...

This morning, around 2, Keira yells from her crib:
"I NEED MY PACIFIER!!"
Only it sounds like:
"BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!"
It was two o'clock in the morning, and she is only two...

So, only partly awaken from slumber, I stumble into her room, and say, "What do you need, honey?"

"It fell down there!" she said, pointing behind her crib by the back wall.

"Okay. I'll get it." I still didn't know what I was looking for-Her "pink" was lying on the bed beside her (Hello Kitty wearing pink dress); her "purple" was beside that (Hello Kitty wearing...); her pacifier was in her hand; her blanket was on top of her. Those are the sleeping essentials. I couldn't figure out what she wanted, but I knew it was under the bed.

So, I started to pull out the buckets of toys that are stored under her bed, saying soothing things like, "I'm almost there," or "I'll get it for you in just a second, Sweetie." while silently mumbling swear words completely not appropriate to say aloud...

Then Keira starts laughing. "You can't found it, Mom." "Ha ha ha ha ha!"

"What, honey? I'm getting it!"

"You can't found it, Mom! Ha ha! It was down there but I found it; I found it, Mom! You can't found it!"

It WAS her pacifier she was looking for. She had found it, and thought it was a funny joke that I was still looking for it.


Real funny. Real funny at two o'clock in the morning.

3 comments:

Freckle Face Girl said...

Oh that is too funny, but hard to laught about. I also have a 2 year old who would delight in doing that to me. :(

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Isn't it a wonder how the sense of humor starts to develop so early?

Unknown said...

That's way too funny.
I guess if you have to be woken up at an evil hour you can at least post something fun!