Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WFMW


WFMW
Originally uploaded by mari_ickes.
When using a matchbook, instead of striking it the usual way, I fold the cover back and put the match in between the cover and the strike surface then squeeze as I pull the match out. The friction makes it light everytime, and I feel like I have more control over it than just striking it the normal way.
I tried to take a picture, but since I am the only one awake, I had to do it with one hand and couldn't show the "striking action." Hopefully, you can figure it out, though!!
For more hints, check out Shannon's blog: Rocks in my Dryer.

4 comments:

Nettie said...

That is the only way I CAN strike a match. Great tip for us uncoordinated, too!

Anna said...

Hi Mari

My WFM is to turn on comment moderation in blogger, it will stop junk like the above.

Unknown said...

Good idea! I had thought it was already turned on. By the way, you aren't allowed to give hints unless it is Wednesday. I'll let it slide this time... :)

Anna said...

I've got one for next Wednesday, just have to remember - timing is not my forte...