Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dreams

I have not been getting much rest lately. I've been getting plenty of sleep (well, you know, plenty is relative), but I haven't been able to rest because of my dreams.

Two nights ago, I kept dreaming about work. I would dream that I was at work...working, and something bad would happen (too many tables, bad food, mean customer, run out of WATER--see how stressful being a server can be!). I would wake up from my dream, feeling a bit worn out from working so much, only to fall back asleep and have it happen again!

Last night, Josh went out with one of his friends, so when I went to sleep, I was alone in the house with the kids-who were also sleeping. (Well, Night wasn't asleep, but he was in his bed being a good kid). I kept dreaming that I WASN'T sleeping! How bizarre! I would dream that Josh came home, but then I would wake up and he wouldn't be here. I would dream that the dog started barking, but I would wake up with her still under my feet, same spot. I even dreamt that I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, writing. Then, of course, I would wake up with no paper around me. I never write in bed.

I even spent one dream writing a text message to Josh to stop and buy me an Oreo McFlurry. I woke up in a bit of a panic after this one. I was tired-I didn't want to get out of bed to eat ice cream, but then again, I would NEVER want ice cream to go to waste... Some people drunk-text. Could I have sleep-texted?? Don't worry. I didn't. No ice cream for me...

Needless to say, I'm still tired. Tired from sleeping.

No comments: